Sunday, June 11, 2006

In The End: a rant about moving and other stuff

Well, it's almost time for us to start our new journey. It's Saturday and we got most our stuff packed into the UHaul today. We set off Monday morning at around 8 am for anyone that is keeping track. It was a crazy day today, first of all Lynnette and I set out this morning at 8:15 to pick up the truck in Harrison, MI (a 50 min drive) only to find out they didn't have a truck for us, so they sent us to Mt. Pleasant (25 min from Harrison, and 30 min from Midland) finally got the truck. Then I went to Sears to pick up our brand new Kenmore Appliances... go Sears. I then picked the auto transport in Midland. And my MasterCard Debit Card was declined because I had put a large amount on it earlier in the day (the truck rental, "debit cards work like credit cards" my butt... booo MasterCard Debit Card). So I had to walk through the ATM drive up (cause the truck was too big to fit, we got the big one 26', holy cow by the way). Then I finally get the transport and back to the house in time to go to the movies with our nephew Jensen for his first movie "Cars" (great movie by the way, make sure you watch the credits, best part of any Pixar movie... go Pixar). Then we get back from the movie and Lynnette had to go to work. So Brian (brother-in-law), Leah (sister-in-law, married to Brian), and Lara (other sister-in-law) went and put our stuff from storage (I greatly appreciated the help, my in-laws rock, even if they cheer for all the wrong sports team, or maybe it's me that cheers for the wrong team). We get the stuff packed (80% down, will finish tomorrow) in time to head out to Pizza Hut for one last night out together... go Pizza Hut. I got home in time to watch the 2nd and 3rd period of the Stanley Cup Finals... go Edmonton (and for anyone that watched the game, the disallowed goal by Edmonton was a crap call, good thing it didn't cost them the game). Now it's late and I'm tired. I figured we hadn't posted in a while so I would write something down before we leave. We never planned on being here this long (we never planned on being here at all) but it really hasn't been that bad. I feel like I've gotten to know my in-laws a lot better (as I said, other then the preference for the wrong teams they're pretty cool... go in-laws, sorry to anyone out there whose in-laws don't rock). I may actually end up missing Midland, I won't miss living in a basement, but I'll miss the the people. Good by Midland, we'll be back to visit.

One and one last thing. On Monday at around 10 am well be crossing the border into Canada, please pray that it goes smoothly. I'm sure it will, but anyone that's crossed the border a lot knows that anything can happen. Pray that our guard is nice to us and that they don't search the truck (we don't have anything to hide, it would just suck to have to pack it all in again). Pray that we get through without problems, this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all went well and you're where you need to be now! I love you soooo much and am so happy for your new jobs, house, and marriage! Call or email soon, Candy

Anonymous said...

Hey Candy!! Thanks for comment!! We are finally here, yeah!! We move into our home tomorrow!! Hey could you send me your email address??? Love yah heaps girl!!!