Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Power of a Praying Wife


A few months ago I was asked if I wanted to be a part of a new small group from our church made up of women that would be going through the book, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. I jumped at the opportunity because one, I heard that this was a "MUST READ" by my Aunt Joan and two, I wanted to be a part of a small group, and three, I thought this would be a great opportunity, not only to receive spiritual accountability but build new friendships at the same time.
We have been meeting now for 5 weeks and the book and the small group have been amazing! Each week we go through one chapter and then answer questions from the study guide. Plus we have a great time of prayer for one another and our husbands.
I want to challenge any wifes out there that haven't read this book...to read it! Is praying for your husband a priority right now? If it's not, I challenge you to begin praying each day for your husband and watch and see how you will not only grow closer to your husband but also grow closer to Christ at the same time! The book is not all about "Change my husband Lord!", but it focuses first on..."Change me, Lord."


Our Small group consists of...Crystal, Melanie, ME, Corinne, and Andrea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are enjoying and learning from the book study. I know that I need to get and read the book,too.

rebekah said...

glad you stopped by :)

miss you. hope you are doing WONDERFULLY.

Anonymous said...

Yes lets focus on changing ourselves so our hubands will be happier. So Lynette what do you need in order to start the changing?

-Dave's Big Brother's Wife

(OK maybe it's really Dave's big brother but trust me this is what Bernadette would have to say)