Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shutters & Mulch!!:)

Well, Dave & I thought it was time to spruce up the outside of our wonderful home! Dave & I had been talking for ages about getting shutters, & had decided on the color...then I changed mind, again & again. Finally Dave decided to surprise me with shutters!! Luckily a day before he ordered them I was on a walk with my friend Corinne & I told her that I decided to change my mind and get grey shutters vs green ones (my first idea). Funny thing was she knew Dave was planning to surprise me so she quickly told him I picked a different color. Long story short, I wrecked the surprise but it was the thought that counts & I love the grey shutters Dave got for me!!:) Plus there was a mulch sale the other day, so I pulled a bunch of weeds and Dave spread the mulch down. It's amazing what a little mulch can do!! Plus the yellow flowers were already there from the previous owners & my friend & neighbor, Jennifer gave me some more to plant from her garden!! Those should be coming up soon!

BEFORE weeding & mulch...

AFTER


BEFORE SHUTTERS



Dave working hard, putting up the shutters...


AFTER SHUTTERS


Doesn't that look great!! I love them!
We are still planning to paint the door the color (dark grey) of the shutters. Plus the big window we couldn't put shutters around because the light by the door was too close, soooo we are going to put up a dark grey long flower box under the big window. Plus as you can see I got a new pot & plant for our front step with a gift card I received for taking pictures for a friend. Fun stuff...

3 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

It looks great!!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I like the shutters. It dresses up the house. The landscaping looks good,too.

Leah said...

Looks really nice guys, good work!