Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back Home in Indiana

This weekend Lynnette and I traveled to our old home in Indiana. We spent Friday and Saturday catching up with old friends in Marion. I can't say that Marion has changed a whole lot although the area around campus continues to evolve, the home I used to live in has been removed to make way for the new sanctuary. I don't know if that's ironic or not, but I'm glad to see College Church finally getting started on a build that has been a long time coming. Hopefully this can help College church be a bridge between the campus and the community.

On Sunday we drove to Indianapolis where we hooked up with our good friends "The Zigs" David's uncle Carl blessed us with the opportunity to attend the 90th running of the Indianapolis 500 with him and David's Father also called David (yes that is David, David, David, and Carl). We had a great time at the race, on the second lap there was an accident right in front of us. There was some good passing and it was the second closest finish in 500 history. Our seats were high on turn 2 which gave us an excellent view of the track. I'm very grateful to Dave's uncle for allowing this to happen.

Sunday night Zig's church known simply as Trinity was having an outdoor concert and cookout. It was great, but the best part was getting to see the wonderful and always entertaining Brandon Schenck. This may be the last time I get to see Brandon before he becomes a Navy Seal. So I made sure to wrestle him now, because when he's done his training he will most likely have the ability to kill at will. (not that I put up much of a fight now) It was great to see the Brandon again. Brandon's is one of many Indiana faces I will miss as we move miles, and miles, and miles away.

After another cookout on Monday and a valiant effort to find a water source in Indianapolis with the great graphic creator Kory Pence, we headed up to the Campbell's lake house on Lake Tippy. We spent the day with Darren, Nancy, Kevin and Tucker Campbell. We skied and knee boarded and road jet skis. I even got to try out their new trampoline with Kevin. Let me just tell you that if you've never been on a water trampoline, you have not had fun on water, they're the best. Darren and Nancy and their family have meant so much to me over the years. Darren was the first person to give me an opportunity to work with teen when he allowed me to sponsor at JC Bodyshop after I was denied a spot on an IWU ministry team. They've been there for my ups and downs and everything in between. They even let me move in with them when I graduated from college with no place to live. What a great family.

In all it was a fabulous weekend, and I got to see other people but don't have the room to write about all of them or you'd be reading this post till sometime next week. Let me say this. I know God has called me away from Indiana but the friends that I have made over my time there will be with me everywhere I go. I'll miss you Indiana. Good luck and Good Bye. I go on without you.

8 comments:

Bryan Burgett said...

Hey Dave and Lynette!

Great to hear about your new job! I wish it were a little closer to Indiana, but you guys will do a great job there. God always has a plan for us even when we don’t know what that is. I’m bummed to hear that you were in Marion this past weekend. We would have loved to see you guys. However we were out of town as well on vacation on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

The Burgettsky boys are doing well. Gannon starts high school next year. He will either go to Lakeview or Mississinewa. We miss you guys and hope to hook up the next time you are in Hoosier Land. Perhaps a trip to the Great White North is in order for the Burgettsky’s. (or would that be Great White East??????)

We won’t talk about my Red Wings or your Senators. I’m pulling for the Oilers. If the Wings can’t win the Cup, then the next best option for me is a Canadian team. Plus I liked to watch the Oilers back in their glory days in the 80’s when they had Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, Fhur et al. I hope that Buffalo beats the Hurricanes tonight. In my opinion, if it doesn’t snow in your city on a regular basis in the winter, then you don’t deserve a hockey team!!!

I look forward to reading more updates about your new move and job.

Peace out.

Bryan Burgettsky

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Thanks Bryan... I hope N.C. was great, I'm sure it was any State with "outer banks" is definitely cool... If you ever make it up to the far north east, we'll be there.. You guys rock, I hope there are people in our new church half as cool as you guys, thanks for all the support over the years.

Christin said...

Dave and Lynnette, I am so happy for you guys. It's so cool to see where you're going, and what you're doing. I pray God blesses everything you turn your mind to in NB.
(I don't envy you those cold winters, though! Sure you don't want the sunny beaches of LA?;-)
Love you guys,
Christin

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Thanks Christin... All I have to do is check the weather channel and see the 100 over the L.A. area and realize, it's just too hot for me in California, it is a great place to visit though, you guys rock

Jaena said...

We will miss you guys, too. Thanks for taking time to visit Saturday. I don't know when/if we will make it to Canada to visit, but at least we have "blogging world" to help stay connected.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaena,
I'm sooo glad that we got to see you and your growing family!!! It was great catching up...I will always miss our work out times and walks, your a great friend! Hey what's your email address...I want to email you some pics I got while we were in Marion.

Jason Fry said...

howdy...

good to hear things are well with ya'll. i'm happy that this deal up in Canada is workin well for ya. I know there are a bunch of people who miss ya in good ole Marion, IN. hope to keep in touch as life moves forward...take care you two.

J Fry

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Thanks JFry!! We look forward to hear how God will continue to bless you in your life's adventures, your ministry, and in your relationship with your girl. God Bless!