Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Moving Daze

Monday we began our 22 hour journey to Quispamis, New Brunswick. Monday went fairly smooth...well at least after we were flagged down on the high way only 10 minutes down the road...I guess we were dragging a chain and in result producing a small fireworks show for our fellow road travelers. Once we pulled over and fixed the chain we were off again! Thank you so much for all of you that prayed that our border crossing would go well, prayers were answered and it did!! Because we were so well prepared with paper work, and a complete detail list of all the belongings on the truck we didn't have any glitches. We were only at the border for an hour and half...( some may think that is long... but it could have been A LOT longer if they would have made us take everything out of our truck.) First things first when you come to the border with a HUGE UHAUL truck, you have to pull over where all the other truck drivers pull over to be inspected...then Dave did a wonderful job reversing our rather Large truck, that was pulling a trailer that had our jeep on it...(So I'm not a very good writer, and I have run on sentences...Sorry) He had to reverse the truck and trailer up to the Immigration building. Then we went inside were we had to go to Immigration (I'm not a Canadian) so that I could get an official "Visitor Record" so that I can live in Canada with my husband... I will be applying for permanent Residence once we get settled in our house. Then we were off to Customs...where we answered questions about our belongings...and presented our detailed list of all our stuff in our truck...One thing we didn't know we had to do was list all the "$ value" of each thing on the list...so while our Customs Guard filled out paper work... Dave hurried to put a garage sale price on everything on the list. Once that was completed we were sent to a waiting room....I was bummed because I thought we were done, but no we were then sent to a waiting room with a bunch of Truck Drivers, we both stood out like a soar thump!! Praise the Lord, we only had to wait for like 10 minutes and they called our name! And we were off!! At this time Dave thought they were then going to open our truck and go through things, but they said we were all set and we could leave!! So then we continued our journey until we got to Ottawa, (Dave's parents house) Dave's Mom had wonderful home-made pizza waiting for us when we arrived. The next morning (Tuesday) we were off again...Our poor cat...We got medicine for Lucy from the vet (thanks to Angie Schenk's advice) so that she wouldn't be freaking out as we traveled...well who knew that Lucy could be so mean when she was drugged...she was so out of it her poor little eyes rolled back and when she got near Dave or I she would try to bite us...so we learned quick and put her back in her little pet taxi and she slept the rest of the trip. We arrived safe and sound in Quispamsis around 9:30PM. We were suppose to close on the house tomorrow (Wednesday) but because of some glitch with the water inspection our closing on our house is moved to Thursday. Tonight we are staying with the Avery's (a great family from our new church). Thanks again for all of you who prayed for our long trip, your prayers were felt and answered!

12 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

Glad you made it safely! We can think of each other as we settle into our new homes (we just moved in the parsonage in Jonesboro)...and remind each other that even though it seems overwhelming, we will get unpacked and settled eventually!!! :)

(It took me 15 minutes just to finally enjoy an english muffin with PB and jelly yesterday...)

Have fun in your awesome new house and amazing ministry!

Leah said...

Hey Net and Dave! So glad to hear that everything went relatively smoothly through customs. I was praying for you all day. That could have been a real mess but I guess all our hard work paid off. I bet it was real fun coming up with a dollar value for everything but oh well as long as it worked! So you have to wait until Thursday now to get in the house,I bet you are anxious. Did you at least get a chance to go look at it in person yet? Well, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Good picture! Interesting details!Still praying that all goes well tomorrow to get into the house.LoveMom

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michelle! We will be praying for you and Stephen too as you begin the next adventure in ministry...The joy of unpacking...YEAH!

Leah, I did get to go see the house today! I'm very anxious to get in and start cleaning and unpacking our stuff!! We will do a video on our digital camera of the house...once we are settled. Dave did a great job picking out the house!! Thanks again for all the help with our detailed packing...YOU ARE WONDERFUL!

Mom, I'm glad you enjoy my interesting details!!! Thank you for being our prayer warrior!

LOVE YAHS!

Anonymous said...

yeah canadia. go team. glad you made it safely and are almost home. ;) love, tammy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tammy!!

Jaena said...

I, too, am glad you are there safely. What a trip!

Thanks for the offer to take care of my kids...if you were here. It's definitely a growing experience to "let go" and trust God to use others to lead something I have planned! :)

So fun to keep in touch through the blog, Lynnette! Yea blogging!

Jaena

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jaena! What would we do without blogging?

Christin said...

Yeay!!! You have arrived. You must be closing on your house today. I hope all is going smoothly and I can't wait for the photo-tour.
Love,
Christin

Anonymous said...

Hi Yall! I'm so glad yall are there and you like your new house! My email is candalajane@yahoo.com. So just email me when you have time. Love you, Candy

Anonymous said...

Dave and Lynnette,

This is my first attempt to enter the world of blogging so I hope all goes well. Glad to hear the border crossing and driving went well. I looked up your place on maps.google.ca and it appears like you're really close to the water. Any beachs in the area? That would be nice.
I also noticed that there is a kid on Canadian Idol from Quispamsis got a 'Gold Ticket'. Imagine that you could be moving to the home town of the next Canadian Idol.
Hope all goes well with the unpacking and moving in. Maybe you can share your experiences with us since we'll be doing a big move nexy March. Do you think the drugs you used on Lucy would work on the Boys?
Now I will attempt to lump in these comments with the rest,

-Dave's Big Brother

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Thanks guys,

Yes we closed yesterday (Thursday) and we're in the house right now, the internet and phone was turned on today. So I'm typing from our new office, I will have a video tour up shortly, yes there are beaches right down the road. I saw kids walking that way with towels earlier. As for the Canadian Idol I guess some of the kids in the youth group know him from school. The drugs on the kid would be great, probably not legal though, lucy was halarious on drugs, I kinda want to give them to her again just for fun but I want to save them for another trip. Thank everyone, and check back soon for the video update. It will be on YouTube. So if you can't get youtube files, go to youtube.com and sign up.