Friday, July 28, 2006

Extreme Makeover: Window Edition

Do you have a window in your worship center or home that is dull and boring? Do you have windows that let in too much light and you need a way to dull the light without blinds or curtains? Then have I got an idea for you! With about $30 in window paint, some imagination and a little time you can have your own fake stained glass window.

We had some windows in the youth center that were letting in too much light. I figured stained glass would look nice. So we went to the store and got some paint. My wonderfully amazing and talented wife did the real work. Lynnette spent about two days transfering Van Gogh's "Starry Night" to our Youth Center windows. The look is amazing. I highly recomend you try this in your home, office or anywhere else you get inspired.

Check out the picks below. And you can see the entire renovation in the last post.



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great work, Lynnette.

Annie Els said...

That turned out great! Well done!

Ryan Schmitz said...

Good idea and the final project looks great Lynnette. Kings Valley got themselves a great team.

Anonymous said...

SMOK'IN HOT

Shoemaker Family said...

WOW! You should be for hire! You truly have a gift. (both of you)! :)

Anonymous said...

lynnette you are amazing!

Christin said...

That looks amazing, Lynette! So cool!

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks guys, you all rock! I had a blast doing it!

Jaena said...

I second (or third) the "You're amazing, Lynnette!" That looks so great, you guys!

Deb said...

just wanted you to know I stopped by.

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic. i cannot believe it. you have so much talent. yes, you should be for hire. although i am pretty far away from canadia. ;) love you guys.
Tam

Keetha Broyles said...

WOW!!!!

Dave - - - missed playing euchre with you at Jr. High Teen Camp

Anonymous said...

Nettie- I love the windows! You amaze me by how talented you are! It's not fair you got all the talent in the family! I have been telling everyone to come check out your blog to see your windows! I can only image how really great that room looks put all together! You both are doing an amazing job already with the youth group! God has truly blessed you with this church and I am so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

wow! Lynnette, I forgot how extremely talented you are! I miss you, why do you have to live in canadia? :(. Seriously, isn't canada beautiful? I loved living in new brunswick.\\Christina estes

Just a bit....... said...

My starry night would look like preschool finger paint. You are VERY talented Lynnette!!!