Monday, August 07, 2006

Soul Fest 06'

We took our first youth trip with Kings Valley this past week. We loaded up the teens and traveled down to New Hampshire for a Christian Soul Fest Music Festival. It was an amazing time. Both Lynnette and had so much fun getting to know the teens better and rockin' out to some amazing bands. I couldn't help but think back to the Bodyshop trips we would take to Creation back in "the day". The difference being none the teens got severe sunburns on half their body from sitting all day in the same position playing cards (Rich & Bret), no one got food poisoning on the way back (Darren), we listened to more than one song on the ride home (Paul, Perfect Family by Bleach), and instead of only a couple of us at the fringe stage all week that's where most of us spent our time at Soul Fest.

The best experience was probably the Chris Tomlin show, it's always amazing to worship when he is there. I know it shouldn't matter who's leading worship for a follower of God, but Chris really does have a gift. The best show probably went to Kids In The Way. They rocked it hard, included the coolest cover of "His Eye is on the Sparrow" you'll ever hear. I even got got to see rockers "Stryper" take the stage. None of the others made it over for this show however since everyone ended up at Audio A. Let me just tell you no one rocks like Stryper. Yellow and Black guitars and all (no spandex however... unfortunate).

I guess I can just say it was a great time had by all. If I wasn't sure before that this is the place for us I know now. It was amazing. One of the students with us even got a press pass to take pictures for Soul Fest. If you go to thesoulfest.com they're the first pics on their sight. Cool huh?

Well, here are some pics. It won't be a time any of us will forget anytime soon. Thank you Lord for allowing us to be a part of such a great ministry. I know the road was long and had some bumps on it, but this week has made it all worth it. I am truly excited for the year and to see what God has in store for us here. God Rocks...Hard!!











5 comments:

Christin said...

I am so happy for you guys. It brings tears to my eyes to see you living out God's plan for your lives. You all are perfectly suited for youth ministry. Rock on Masons!

. said...

Memories, memories....

Good to hear things are going so well!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh Stryper. I remember seeing them about a million years ago at Greenfest in Kitchner, Ontario at Bingeman's ark. OK maybe it was 20 something but it was still a long time ago. I did however get to see them in their full glory spandex and all. As I recall they rocked back them to. Great to see you're having a good time with the kids.Keep up the good work.

-Dave's Big Brother

Anonymous said...

Charles,

Yes I definitely thought of you when I was at the Stryper show... Before the show they got done with their sound check and were like "we have to take a sec to get into our yellow and black"... everybody screamed then they said they were just joking... too bad, that would have rocked hard

Anonymous said...

The concert sounds like it was awesome! I wish I coulda been there. Lara and I may be going to Frankenmuth next week for a Jeremy Camp concert. Glad to hear all is great. God rocks.