Friday, September 22, 2006

Cooking with Nettie

I admit...I like food, I just don't always like to take the time to cook anything that can't be prepared in 20 minutes or less. Since I haven't taken the time...I must admit that I'm 26 years old and have never roasted anything. Today I changed that, I decided I was going to attempt something new. How hard can it be? So today I roasted a chicken! I have documented my adventure...so welcome to "Cooking with Nettie"!

Starting from the begining...

Homemade stuffing, pre-cooked of course. Who knew it was so easy!

In the oven it goes...I hope it doesn't burn, or even worse I hope I don't bite into a raw piece of chicken when I'm finished...

2 and half hours later...WOW that looks good enough to eat!

Besides the roasted chicken and homemade stuffing, I also prepared for today's special...mashed potatoes, homemade gravy and broccoli.

Yummy!


Tune in next time to find out what else I discover I can cook. Thats all today for... "Cooking with Nettie"!

8 comments:

Ryan Schmitz said...

Nice dishes. Have a great weekend guys.

Leah said...

Yeah Nettie! What a success, looks like it turned out great. I bet it was yummy!

Anonymous said...

are you getting ready for thanksgiving in 3 weeks?

Anonymous said...

Turkey (Equals) thanksgiving...roasted chicken (Equals) when ever you want:)
But atleast now I will know how to cook a turkey!:)

Anonymous said...

When is Thanksgiving in Canada? Your meal great!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

October 9th is Thanksgiving in Canada...

Jaena said...

OK, I am really hungry right now, and that looks amazing, Lynnette. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaena... thanks:) So when yah gonna come for dinner???